Friday, October 26, 2007

half a life

He places his note on the dark, breathing mahogany. It bathes in the sunlight fluttering and swirling around in the wind.
He wishes it reaches her before long and draws a curtain to cut the drift. The note is the harbinger of his misfortune for he is sick. In his long, calligraphic hand he has written what he must feel in the quietness amongst himself.

“If I don’t see you
a part of me walks
away

Seeing you
is an unbearable
glee

what real misery
love is

and this may not even be love
but some lesser known disease
colonizing me

I will find its name
if you are still there

or abandon this mission
and walk away
leaving half of my self
writhing in pain

if we meet someday
we will join our unfinished hearts
to see if it makes for a decent shape

every crevice can find its answer
every edge its jaded whole”

He galloped away the pain, riding inside a cloud of dust.

2 comments:

AakASH!!! said...

The first line is not you,
the first line is me.
And then you follow
in verbated misery.

But the way it ends is
undoubtedly Rochelle.
Just the way these days
everything ends at you.

bricks and brimstone said...

...and when things end at me
life comes full circle

even cliche`s start sounding new