Wednesday, January 30, 2008

a letter to paradiso

Remember a faint Rembrandt
of how the morning had dawned
when you first set eyes on me

I had known that your voice
had many textures
but I found its sonorous quilt
the tassel of your mind
from where the spring arose

Remember how we played games
that were once reserved for all
and that now
closed in on us

We drew each other’s souls
in our breaths of hard tea
and matched our conversations
in smoked winter steam

How you painted my countenance
with rosy dew drops of sun
on a milky white morning
in a pink city; where

we left our baggage’s behind
and you carried but your flask
and I, my Pandora’s box

we played magic with each word
and stitched our dreams
with tacky, large-lettered desires

You used blotting paper
to wipe away the tears
that arose out of my eyes
from the chills of a man-pulling ride

how didn’t I tell you that
I had measured you shoulders
(bit by bit)
on the span of my hand
and found my name written all over

we danced in each other’s head
and drank each other’s wine

and see how these sublime spaces
these distances
these chance occurences
have spun themselves once again into a frenzy of time

(unedited)

No comments: