Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dream catchers (verse)

Moon beams sweep the sky
Of ochre light
Red earth
White virgin sand
Green leaves
ambushed with dragonflies

A bristle of rain
A boy creeps up like dusk fear
Eyes blooming like fire flies
Hands; clammy and warm
pinches the long tail of one
(dragonfly)

White rainbow feathers
Brush against bone
The animal curls up and burns
teeth into skin

like an angry dream

the boy allows it to fly


moon beams ride across the night

…yet another dream…

(c) Rochelle Potkar

2 comments:

bricks and brimstone said...

My comments:
This is the first time I have got a thought to flow as I wished it to, without causing me utmost rein problem.
I quite liked working on this one and I like the effect too. A little of everything: surreal, moon lighty, stark, philosophical.

Unknown said...

Dare 2 Dream BIG & d only way 2 Realise ur Dream is 2 Wake up!!!